From our heart to yours, Cheat River Review is happy to present our next issue.
This issue’s theme was centered around Appalachia, a place that has historically been overlooked and stigmatized. Now, more than ever, we believe in the importance of representation, of showing up, of doing the work, of getting things right.
We are proud of the voices we have published in this issue, encouraged by all of those who have submitted, and emboldened by our place among talented artists and publishers.
Cheat River Review
- Amy N. Pugsley — Cairo II
- Felicia Mitchell — Mother Tree, Ailanthus Altissima
- Rhienna Guedry — The Names of Streets
- Robert Savino Oventile and Sandy Florian — from Sophia Lethe Talks Doxodox Down
- Brett Biebel — The Bloody Holly Story
- Barbara Ivusic — Evelyn’s Dolls
- Garrett Stack — The Lake House
- Kathryn Ordiway — Polaroids
- Jennifer Fliss — What Goes with Us
- Helen Park — Cardinals
- Michael Thompson — World Afloat
Cover art (below): Seen Not Heard by Laurie-Lynn McGlynn