Welcome, writers! The Cheat River Review reads original, previously unpublished nonfiction, fiction, flash, and poetry, including tiny poems.
All Submissions Should Include:
- The author's name, address, and telephone number at the top left of the first page
- The page number, author's last name, and/or the submission's title as a header on the top right of every page
- 1-inch margins
For Fiction/Nonfiction/Flash Only:
- The piece's word count at the top right of the first page
- A centered title
- Double-spaced text
- Adherence to Standard Manuscript Formatting
For Poetry Only:
- Left alignment of all poems and titles unless there is an intentional choice on the part of the author
We prefer to read submissions that include a cover letter with a short third-person bio.
We publish our issues online twice annually, once in the fall (October or November) and once in the spring (April or May). Submissions never close, so feel free to send us your best work all year round! We look forward to reading it.
Our submission guidelines can be found in full on Submittable.
We also accept submissions via postcard. To submit via postcard, legibly write ONE poem or flash piece onto the back of a postcard, along with your name and email address, and mail it to:
Cheat River Review
c/o Mary Ann Samyn
WVU Department of English
1503 University Ave.
PO Box 6296
Morgantown, WV 26506
You may submit as may works via postcard as you like. We will confirm receipt of your submission via email and contact you for a digital copy if we decide to publish your submission in an upcoming issue.